WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. (OCTOBER 12, 2020) — The Williamsport Area School District Education Foundation (WASDEF) is accepting applications for its annual Teacher Mini-Grant Program and the first round of general grant funding for the 2020-2021 school year.
Applications must be submitted to the foundation’s office on or by Friday, Oct. 30.
The foundation’s Teacher Mini-Grant Program gives WASD teachers and administrators the opportunity to enhance curriculum through compelling, innovative programs and projects by applying for up to a maximum of $1,500 in support.
Grant applications submitted for consideration must include:
- a clear link to improving student achievement;
- goals that are long-term and ongoing, including a statement of need and a plan to address the need, and outlines how to measure its success;
- an introduction of a uniquely new and creative/imaginative activity;
- a project that can be used to reinforce the district’s educational program;
- and a project that provides considerable benefit to the student experience.
Grants will not be given for parties, incentive gifts or classroom supplies.
In addition, general funding requests submitted to the foundation should articulate a need and/or opportunity of high impact beyond the means of the district’s annual budget that also demonstrates sustainability beyond the grant.
Applicants will be notified of their grant status on or by Friday, Nov. 13.
During the 2019-2020 school year, WASDEF awarded 15 program grants and 110 scholarships, awards and prizes to 69 students totaling $67,503.
For more information or to download grant applications, visit the foundation’s website at www.wasdeducationfoundation.org.
The Williamsport Area School District Education Foundation is the recognized nonprofit affiliate of the school district. Led by a 20-member volunteer board of directors, WASDEF facilitates charitable giving and permanent legacies based on individual areas of interest in educational innovation, the arts, athletics and scholarships.