Through the generosity of our donors, the Teacher Mini-Grant Program (TMG) provides district teachers the opportunity to enhance curriculum and instruction with compelling, innovative programs on an annual basis. Each year, WASD teachers are able to apply for up to $1,500.
More than $104,000 has been granted to 90 TMG programs and projects since the program's establishment in 2005.
Grant Requirements & Limitations:
- a clear link to improve student achievement;
- goals that are long-term and ongoing, including a statement of need and a plan to address the need, and outlines how to measure its success;
- an introduction of a uniquely new and creative/imaginative activity;
- a project that can be used to reinforce the district's educational program;
- and a project that provides considerable benefit to the student experience.
- Grants will not be given for parties, incentive gifts or classroom supplies.
Lycoming Valley Intermediate School sixth-grade teacher Daniel Woleslagle received a $675 Teacher Mini-Grant in November 2021 to support the purchase of hydroponic systems to implement a hands-on learning opportunity in science pertaining to sustainability efforts in environmentalism and food production.