Through the generosity of our donors, the Teacher Mini-Grant Program provides district teachers the opportunity to enhance curriculum and instruction with compelling, innovative programs on an annual basis. Each year, WASD teachers are able to apply for up to $1,500. More than $95,000 has been granted to 84 classroom programs and projects since the program's establishment in 2005.
Grant Requirements & Limitations:
- a clear link to improve student achievement;
- goals that are long-term and ongoing, including a statement of need and a plan to address the need, and outlines how to measure its success;
- an introduction of a uniquely new and creative/imaginative activity;
- a project that can be used to reinforce the district's educational program;
- and a project that provides considerable benefit to the student experience.
- Grants will not be given for parties, incentive gifts or classroom supplies.
The deadline for 2018-2019 grant proposals: Friday, October 19, 2018. Click here to download this year's grant application for complete guidelines.
"The Teacher Mini-Grant Program has been multiplying the quality of my instructional opportunities since 2010. Because of the Foundation's support, Hepburn-Lycoming still maintains a public art garden, and students throughout the district have participated in the creation of public art pieces. Because of the Foundation, I am able to expand our visual arts curriculum year after year."
— Andrea McDonough Varner, WAHS Art Teacher
2017-2018 Program Features
World History Interactive Library
Mr. Dustin Brouse, Williamsport Area Middle School
Out of This World: Planetarium Upgrades
Mrs. Tara Yokitis, Williamsport Area High School
Robotics in the Classroom
Ms. Brooke Nenadal, Cochran Primary School